The Feast of Our Lord the Giver of Life
falls on January 20, 2019.
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING PREFACE, COLLECT, AND SCRIPTURES FOR THE FEAST DAY OF OUR LORD THE GIVER OF LIFE (JAN 20, 2019).
THE LITURGICAL COLOR FOR THE FEAST DAY IS RED.
PREFACE for the Feast of Our Lord the Giver of Life
Because O Lord you are the Creator and the Giver of life, we as your children eagerly anticipate the revealing of your crowning glory to the entire world. Amen.
COLLECT for the Feast of Our Lord the Giver of Life
Oh Great King of Kings, let your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven for the sanctity of all human life. You have said that your Kingdom is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. Where there is unrighteousness let righteousness come to bear; where there is hostility, cause your peace to reign supreme and where there is sorrow, bring joy in the hearts of people. Lead us into your unshakable and everlasting kingdom in which you reign forever and ever, that truly the kingdoms of this world will become the Kingdoms of our God; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
SCRIPTURES for the Feast of Our Lord the Giver of Life
Old Testament — Genesis 1:26-28a or Jeremiah 31:10-17
Psalm — Psalm 2 or 10
New Testament — Romans 8:35-39 or 1 Corinthians 15:19-26
Gospel — Matthew 18:1-5 or John 14:1-6
The Feast of Our Lord the Giver of Life falls on January 2oth this coming year. This is a day set aside by the CEC to celebrate the precious wonder of living and to acknowledge the loving God that gives us the chance. It provides each of you an opportunity to speak with your congregations about the Sanctity of Life, to invite them to the March for Life, and to receive CEC for Life dues and donations.
Aside from dues and donations, please feel free to also send back photos and articles that show how your specific church chooses to celebrate Life. CEC For Life loves hearing from you!
NOTE – CEC For Life no longer asks lay people to maintain individual memberships. On the Feast Day, each church is expected to take up an offering for CEC For Life from the congregation. The offering, your church membership, and your clergy dues should then be sent in together.
FEAST DAY INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ.
- Please thoroughly read the Letter to the Rector and prayerfully consider how to best communicate the information concerning the Feast Day of Our Lord the Giver of Life and the Annual March for Life in Washington, DC to your congregation.
- Copy and reproduce the Donation forms and include them in your Sunday Bulletin or Handout TWO WEEKS BEFORE the Feast Day, or at least by January 13 (one week ahead.)
- On January 20, 2019, which we will also observe as the Feast Day of Our Lord the Giver of Life (previously called Sanctity of Life Sunday), we ask for your Churches and Clergy to make their annual commitment to CEC For Life by including a check with their donation form or making a donation to the ministry. Each church is also asked to take up an offering for CEC For Life on this very significant Feast Day.
- We also ask that you preach on the Sanctity of Life on Sunday, January 20, and encourage your people to remain steadfast in building a Culture of Life.
- Please place your donation checks (made out to CEC For Life), along with your annual church Membership check, in an envelope and send to 50 Saint Thomas Pl, Malverne NY 11565.
- Any other documents included in this packet can be reproduced to help encourage your parish in this battle for the very soul of civilization. The PDF of each piece of literature (daily prayers, CEC For Life brochures, Liturgy for the Preborn, etc.) can be also be found for download at www.cecforlife.com.