Last night, despite the promise of heavy rain, a plentiful crowd of pro-life warriors gathered on the city sidewalk to kick off Birmingham’s Fall 40 Days for Life Campaign. Gathering in front of the city’s last abortion facility, Planned Parenthood, pro-lifers from across the Birmingham area joined in songs of worship, prayer, and some faithful encouragement from special guest David Bereit, National Director of 40 Days for Life.
Bereit shared several stories from his journey with 40 Days, including the initial period of prayer and fasting that he, Shawn Carney, and others participated in to seek God on the power of prayer in the pro-life movement. Since then, the fruit of their labor has been made clear, with over 300 cities participating in this year’s campaign!
Other leaders from the community included:
- Ed Carrick, Local 40 Days Director,
- Rev. Terry Gensemer, CEC For Life
- Bishop Emeritus David Foley, Birmingham Diocese
- Fr. Kevin Bazzel, Cathedral of St. Paul
- Bishop Chuck Jones, Charismatic Episcopal Church
- Pastor Paul Lett, Harvest Center
- Natalie Brumfield, Bound4Life, and more.
The fall campaign will last from September 25th to November 3rd, with prayer at the Birmingham Planned Parenthood lasting each day from 6 AM to 6 PM. There are two ways to sign up!
1) As an individual. Check out the Vigil Schedule and sign up for hours HERE.
2) As a Church or Group with Adopt-A-Day. Many churches adopt an entire day during the Campaign. For more info on how to do that, please contact Ed Carrick at 205.305.0950, or at Birmingham40DFL@att.net.