On Tuesday, February 12, at 6:30 PM, 40 Days for Life, CEC For Life, Helpers of God’s Precious Infants, Silent No More, Bound4Life and the entire Birmingham pro-life community will kick-off this year’s Spring 40 Days for Life prayer campaign.
As last month marked 40 years of legalized abortion in our nation, this Spring Campaign is dedicated to the more than 55 million children lost to abortion in that time. Campaigns will take place in over 250 locations nationwide, each focused on the 40 Days three-pronged approach: prayer and fasting, peaceful vigil, community outreach.
To begin this campaign, we will gather on the sidewalk in front of Planned Parenthood – the last abortion clinic in the city – and hold a candlelight vigil with songs of worship and a special Liturgy for the Preborn. Many pro-life leaders in the community will also attend, including:
- Bishop Emeritus David Foley and Fr. Kevin Bazzel of the Birmingham Catholic Diocese
- Pastor Paul Lett of Harvest Center Church
- Natalie Brumfield of Bound4Life
- Rev. Terry Gensemer and Rev. Carl Lynn of the Charismatic Episcopal Church
- Jacquie Stalnaker of Silent No More
- Bishop Derek Jones of the Convocation of Anglicans North America
This is a wonderful opportunity to stand together in unity and offer our time and prayers for the lives of preborn children. Invite your church and bring your family. We’ll see you on the sidewalk.